The Gladiool Cowl is a warm and colourful cowl, designed to show off multi-colored thick-and-thin yarn. Made with store-bought or your very first handspun yarn, this cowl will brighten up your winter.
Worked in the round, this pattern features Feather and Fan lace, and stockinette. Both written and charted directions for the lace are included.
Create your own Ebook! Purchase any 4 patterns and receive a 5th one for free. No code necessary, just put 5 patterns in your cart and the price of the lowest priced pattern will be automatically deducted from the total.
This cowl is knit in the round. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog. The pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
One size – finished dimension: 23 cm (9 inch) wide x 130 cm (51 inch) circumference, measured after blocking.
The cowl can be made longer by adding more stitches in multiples of 24. This will, of course, increase the amount of yarn needed.
- Written for gauge of approx. 10 sts / 14 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
- 200 m / 218 yds of Scheepjes Verona, [50% wool, 25% acrylic; 100 m (109 yds) per 100 g skein]. Substitute any multi-colored thick and thin super bulky weight yarn for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style for knitting in the round in the following size (or to match gauge): size 7 mm (US #10.75)
- Yarn needle
- 5 plain stitch markers
- 1 differently colored end-of-round stitch marker