The Gladiool Hat is a warm and colorful hat, it is designed to show off the multi-colored thick-and-thin yarn. Made with store-bought or your very first hand spun yarn, this hat will brighten up your winter.
Worked in the round from the bottom up, this pattern is available in two sizes. The hat features Feather and Fan lace, and stockinette. Both written and charted directions for the lace are included.
For the matching cowl, click here, or get the cowl and hat together in the set!
Pay what you want: (minimum €4.90)
The Gladiool Hat is knit in the round. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog. The pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
To fit size: 52-55 (59.5-62.5) cm, 20.5-21.5 (23.5-24.5) inches.
Finished circumference at brim: 47 (56.5) cm, 18.5 (22) inches.
Length from brim to crown: 20 cm, 7.75 inches.
- Written for gauge of approx. 10 sts / 14 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
- 100 (120) m / 109 (131) yds of Scheepjes Verona, [50% wool, 25% acrylic; 100 m (109 yds) per 100 g skein]. Substitute any multi-colored thick and thin super bulky weight yarn for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round in the following sizes (or to match gauge): Size 6 mm (US 10) and size 7 mm (US 10.75)
- Yarn needle
- 4 (5) plain stitch markers
- 1 differently colored end-of-round stitch marker