Luxurious, stylish and deceptively easy, the broomstick lace-filled Hugs and Kisses Hat is a perfectly coordinated set together with the matching scarf to last you all winter long. Together the hat and scarf provide all the warm woolen hugs and kisses one can ask for in winter time.
This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
Pay what you want: (minimum €4.90)
The Hugs and Kisses Hat features a broomstick lace border applied on the ribbed band of the hat. Stitches used include foundation sc, extended sc, sc, front loop sc, sl st and dc. Skill Level: Easy
Sizes and finished measurements
To fit size: 50-55 (55-60) cm, 20-22 (22-24) inches.
- Worked partially flat and partially in the round
- Written for a gauge of approx. 14 sts and 10 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) in ribbed band pattern after wet blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- 150 m (164 yds) / 100 g Garnstudio DROPS Big Fabel [75% wool, 25% nylon; 150 m (164 yds)/100 g] in #105 Turquoise. Substitute any aran weight yarn for a similar result.
- Hooks size 5.5 mm (US size I/9) and 7 mm (US size K/10 ½) were used for the sample hat.
- Dowel with 9 cm (3 ½ inches) circumference for the broomstick lace (for example an actual broomstick)
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker