Prinses is a simple yet stylish triangular shawl knit sideways in garter stitch on the bias. A great way to let that lovely variegated hand dyed yarn shine! With its construction in sections and flexible sizing, it’s perfect for making the most of the amount of available yarn. You can also use a different yarn for every section to stash bust some odds and ends of fingering weight yarn.
The pattern contains fully written out instructions as well as helpful notes on the amount of yarn needed for each section.
Stitches used include knit, k2tog, kfb and elongated versions of these stitches. This pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.
Sizes and finished measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl, using 344 m (374 yds) / 100 g of yarn: 161 cm (63 ½ inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 45 cm (17 ¾ inches), measured after blocking. Make the shawl larger by working more sections of the body pattern.
- Prinses is written for a gauge of approx. 14 sts / 28 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over garter stitch, measured after blocking. Gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- For the shawl as shown 1 skein of Eternity Ranch Yarns Sparkle Sock was used (92% Merino, 8% Metallic; 344 m (374 yds) / 100 g) in February Princess Cinderella. The flexible sizing of this design also makes larger shawls possible requiring up to 516 m (561 yds) / 150 g of Eternity Ranch Yarns Sparkle Sock.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles
- Yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers to indicate the 3 edge stitches on each side (optional)
- 1 locking stitch marker to indicate the RS of the work (optional)