The Purper Cowl is named after the Tyrian or royal purple dye which was much prized in the Eastern Roman Empire. The design also drew inspiration from the handspun yarn which was used to knit the sample. The cowl will bring out the best in any tweedy yarn.
This cowl is knit in the round, with an easy knit-purl stitch pattern. It’s very pretty on both sides of the fabric. A great design to get more comfortable with knitting in the round or a wonderful relaxing knit for more experienced knitters.
Pay what you want: (minimum €5.50)
This cowl is knit in the round, stitches used are knit and purl. This pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.
Sizes and finished measurements
Sizes S (M, L), finished dimensions: 72 (92, 112) cm (28 (36, 44) inches) circumference and 23 cm (9 inches) wide. Sample shown is in size M.
- Work Purper in the round
- Written for a gauge of approx. 14 sts / 20 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) in stitch pattern (unblocked).
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- Yarn: 130-150 (180-200, 210-230) m or 142-164 (197-219, 230-252) yds aran weight yarn.
- 5.5 mm (US 9) 60 cm (24 inches) circular needle and a 6 mm (US 10) 60 cm (24 inches) circular needle (for CO and BO only).
- Yarn needle
- 1 “end-of-round” stitch marker