The Easy Going Shawl is the result of my need for an uncomplicated knit to work on during my rather too short vacation. No pattern and charts are needed to hand once you get into the rhythm of knitting. With this shawl recipe, you can use 200 g of an aran weight yarn for a warm cover-up sized shawl or as little as 100 g of fingering weight for a shawlette or kerchief. The result: an easy to make and even easier to wear sweet little shawl which you can throw on when it’s a little bit chilly, or just jazz up a simple tee.
This pattern is suitable for the beginning knitter who likes to learn about various increases. This pattern uses M1L and M1R increases on both RS and WS as well as kfb. For the intermediate and advanced knitter this pattern would make a nice break from more complicated knits and a quick last minute gift for that special friend.
- One size – easily adjustable
- Written for any gauge
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (letter size)
- Yarn, Fingering weight: 100 g for a shawlette, 200 g for a large shawl.
DK weight: 100 g for a kerchief, 200 g for a shawlette, 300 g for a shawl.
Aran weight: 150 g for a shawlette, 250 g for a shawl
- Needles appropriate for the yarn chosen.
- Yarn needle
- 4 stitch markers