My cat Amiga is crazy about Moeke Yarns Elena. And by crazy I mean the drooling and acting weird kind of crazy. I think it must be the slight sheepiness this yarn has. So, I thought I would make her day by creating something just for her made from this lovely yarn. The result: Fish for Amiga!
These small fish for Amiga are knit in the round. After closing the body, knit the tail flat back and forth. A photo tutorial on how to close the body of the fish is included in the pattern. Since only small amounts of yarn are used, this pattern is perfect for stash busting little odds and ends.
Pay what you want: (minimum €3.00)
Techniques used include Judy’s Magic Cast On and knitting in the round. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp, k2tog and m1. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Size S (L): Height of 3.5 (6.5) cm (1 ½ (2 ½ ) inches) and a length of 9 (14) cm (3 ½ (5 ½ ) inches).
- The gauge should be such that your stitches are tight enough not to show the stuffing. For the sample fish: 11 sts / 15 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) over stockinette.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Approx. 13 (33) m (15 (36) yds) / 4 (10) g of Moeke Yarns Elena Single (100% wool; 330 m (361 yds) / 100 g) in the sample Fish for Amiga. Substitute a sport to DK weight yarn for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round. For the sample fish: Size 3 mm (US 2 ½) needles.
- 1 extra needle in the same size as your main needles.
- 4 stitch markers
- 1 differently colored “end of round” marker
- Yarn needle