The inspiration for the Flits Cowl struck when I had been spinning a gorgeous three-colored thick-and-thin singles yarn: the distinctive lace pattern changes direction whenever a color change occurs. Because of this, the Flits! design is not only perfect for yarns with a limited number of large color blocks, but also for stash-busting similar weight yarns.
Instructions for the lace pattern are provided in both written and charted format. This pattern also contains information on how to adapt the pattern to the amount of yarn for each color you have available, to make a truly unique Flits Cowl.
Pay what you want: (minimum €5.50)
The Flits Cowl is knit in the round. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp, k2tog, and yo. The pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
Finished dimensions: 36 cm (14 ¼ inches) wide x 66 cm (26 inches) circumference, measured after blocking.
- Worked in the round
- Written for a gauge of approx. 17.5 sts / 27.5 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern, after blocking
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (A4 size)
- 250-350 m (273-383 yds) fingering or sport weight yarn. The yarn used in the sample cowl was spun from fiber purchased from Dutch Wool Diva.
- 3.5 mm (US 4) 80 cm (24 inches) circular needle
- Yarn needle
- 1 “end-of-round” stitch marker