A lovely scarf in a simple and elegant lace repeat pattern, easily transformed into a cowl. Worked flat, the IJskristal Convertible Cowl/Scarf is available in one size, that can easily be made wider or longer, or both. With both written and charted directions for the lace, this convertible scarf knits up like a dream. Pair it with the IJskristal Slouchy Hat for a lovely coordinating set.
Pay what you want: (minimum €5.50)
The IJskristal Convertible Cowl/Scarf is worked flat. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp, k2tog, yo and the centered double decrease sl2-k1-p2sso. The pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
One size – finished dimensions: 23 cm (9 inches) wide and 130 cm (51 inches) long, measured after blocking.
- Worked flat
- Written for a gauge of approx. 19 sts / 21 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern, after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- 100 g / 320 m (350 yds) of DK weight alpaca yarn. The sample cowl/scarf features Ice Yarns Pure Alpaca (100% Alpaca; 160 m (175 yds) / 50 g). Substitute for an alpaca yarn of comparable weight for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style in the following sizes (or to match gauge): Size 3.5 mm (US 4) and size 4.5 mm (US 7).
- Yarn needle.
- 8 stitch markers.
- 6 size 21 mm (0.83 inch) buttons.