The asymmetrical wedge shawl has a distinct asymmetrical shape, setting it apart from more traditional crochet shawls. Make a fast, large and cozy shawl in an aran weight yarn as described here, or make it a scarf in a fingering weight yarn. Because this shawl is worked in a single piece from the tip up, it can easily be made in any size you want.
This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
Size and finished measurements
Wingspan of 193 cm (76 inches) measured along the longest edge and a depth of 105 cm (41 inches), measured after blocking.
Techniques used in the Asymmetrical Wedge Shawl consist of fdc, ch, sc and dc stitches. Because of this the pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.
- Worked flat back and forth.
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl: 10 sts and 5.3 rows = 10 cm / 4 inches in dc after wet blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size).
- Yarn: 550 m / 600 yds Garnstudio Drops Alaska (100% wool; 69 m (75 yds) / 50 g) in #11 Red. Substitute for any wool aran weight yarn with a plied structure for a similar result.
- A size 6 mm (US J/10) crochet hook.
- Yarn needle