Brocaat is an elegant and fast to knit scarf, designed to use only one ball of super bulky weight yarn with long color runs. Make it nice and long so it can be worn doubled up.
The description of the lace in this pattern is provided both fully charted and written out.
Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, yo and a centered double decrease. This pattern is suitable for the beginning lace knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
One size – measurements: 18 cm (7 inches) wide and 170 cm (67 inches) long, excluding fringe.
- Worked flat
- Written for a gauge of approx. 11 sts / 15 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern, after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- 184 m (201 yds) / 100 g Scheepjes Vinci [60% wool, 40% acrylic; 184 m (201 yds) per 100 g]. Substitute any super bulky weight yarn with long color runs for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style in size 8 mm (US #11).
- Yarn needle
- Crochet hook to attach fringe