The Crystal Palace scarf was inspired by the characteristic glass and cast iron facade of the building designed for the Great Exhibition of 1851 in London, with the same name. The pattern instructions produce a scarf in the size as pictured. However, the width and length are easy to adjust for further customization, including those following the usage of weights of yarn other than fingering-weight.
The instructions are both charted and written out, also, this pattern uses American English crochet terminology.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
Stitches used in the Crystal Palace scarf pattern: chain, double crochet, treble crochet, triple treble crochet and slip stitches. This pattern is, therefore, suitable for the adventurous beginner.
Sizes and finished measurements
One size – measurements after blocking: 31 cm (12.2 inches) wide and 190 cm (74.8 inches) long, excluding fringe.
- Gauge for the sample scarf measured after blocking: 10 sts and 4 rows in lace pattern = 6.4 cm (2.5 inches) wide and 11.8 cm (4.7 inches) tall.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 230 m (248 yds) / 80 g Garnstudio DROPS Delight (75% wool, 25% nylon; 175 m / 191 yds per 50 g skein); in color Blue 03. Substitute any gradient fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- A size 3.5 mm (US E/4) crochet hook
- Yarn needle