Framboos is a crescent-shaped shawl worked from the top-down. Its stockinette body will let that special skein of fingering weight yarn shine. The lace edging with its lovely picot finishing makes this shawl a true stunner.
The shawl is started with a garter stitch tab, the lace in the border is knit on both right side and wrong side rows. The instructions for the border of the shawl are provided both fully charted and written out. Instructions for changing the size of the shawl are also included.
The shawl is started with a garter stitch tab in combination with a provisional cast on. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, yo and double yo. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Size and finished measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: Wingspan of 160 cm (63 inches) and a depth of 47 cm (18 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
- Written for a gauge of 16 sts / 23 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette after blocking. Gauge is not critical for this design, but a loose gauge is strongly advised.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size).
- 415 m (454 yds) / 100 g Araucania Huasco / Botany Lace [100% merino wool]. Substitute any wool fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inch) circular needles.
- Waste yarn for provisional cast on.
- Yarn needle.
- 41 stitch markers (optional).