The Zoel Scarf is a very soft and delicate scarf knit using laceweight mohair yarn. It is a great pattern to learn some basics of lace knitting or to get familiar with using this type of yarn. Because of the simple two-row lace, this pattern not only lets the yarn shine, but also makes for a wonderful portable project.
Pair it with the Zoel Hat to warm up a cold day in autumn or winter.
Create your own Ebook! Purchase any 4 patterns and receive a 5th one for free. No code necessary, just put 5 patterns in your cart and the price of the lowest priced pattern will be automatically deducted from the total.
Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog and the double decrease sl1, k2tog, psso. The pattern is suitable for the beginning lace knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
As written, the finished measurements of this scarf are 20 cm (7 ¾ inches) wide and 130 cm (51 ¼ inches) long.
This scarf can easily be made larger by using heavier yarn and/or working more repeats of the lace pattern. This will, of course, increase the amount of yarn needed.
- Worked flat
- Written for gauge of approx. 16 sts / 20 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
- Yarn: 35 g / 192 m (209) yards) of Lana Grossa Lace Pearls [40% wool, 26% polyamide, 18% alpaca, 18% mohair, 8% glass; 137 m (149 yds) per 25 g skein]. Substitute any laceweight kid mohair/silk type yarn for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style in size 4.5 mm (US #7)
- Yarn needle
- 6 stitch markers