The Zoel Scarf is a very soft and delicate scarf knit using laceweight mohair yarn. It is a great pattern to learn some basics of lace knitting or to get familiar with using this type of yarn. Because of the simple two-row lace, this pattern not only lets the yarn shine but also makes for a wonderful portable project.
Pair it with the Zoel Hat to warm up a cold day in autumn or winter.
Pay what you want: (minimum €5.50)
Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog and the double decrease sl1-k2tog-psso. The pattern is suitable for the beginning lace knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
As written, the finished measurements of this scarf are 20 cm (7 ¾ inches) wide and 130 cm (51 ¼ inches) long.
The Zoel scarf can easily be made larger by using heavier yarn and/or working more repeats of the lace pattern. This will, of course, increase the amount of yarn needed.
- Worked flat
- Written for gauge of approx. 16 sts / 20 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
- Yarn: 35 g / 192 m (209) yards) of Lana Grossa Lace Pearls [40% wool, 26% polyamide, 18% alpaca, 18% mohair, 8% glass; 137 m (149 yds) per 25 g skein]. Substitute any lace weight kid mohair/silk type yarn for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style in size 4.5 mm (US 7)
- Yarn needle
- 6 stitch markers