Olivijn is a crescent-shaped shawl worked from the top-down. Its stockinette body will let that special skein of fingering weight yarn shine, the lace edging adds a special touch of luxury.
The shawl is started with a garter stitch tab, then the lace in the border is knit on both right side and wrong side rows. The instructions for the body and the border of the shawl are provided both fully charted and written out.
Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, yo, p3tog and a centered double decrease. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Size and finished measurements
Wingspan of 152 cm (60 inches) and a depth of 47 cm (18 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
- Written for a gauge of 18 sts / 23 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette after blocking. Gauge is not critical for this design, but a loose gauge is strongly advised.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size).
- 440 m (480 yds) / 110 g Siidegarte Siide-Quirlig [70% silk, 30% SeaCell; 440 m (480 yds) / 110 g skein] in “Hirtetäschli”. Substitute any fingering weight yarn with a high silk or bamboo content for a similar result.
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 80 cm (32 inch) circular needles, or size needed to get gauge.
- Size 5 mm (US 8) / 80 cm (32 inch) circular needles, for bind-off only.
- Yarn needle.
- 28 stitch markers (optional).