Pink Monarda is a shawl in 2 sizes, designed to use that skein of speckled yarn you just couldn’t resist. The shawl pictured is size L. In this design, it is paired with the lovely flower lace border in a contrasting solid color. Go wild with the color combinations!
Knit this shawl from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck edge with a garter tab. The patterning in the edging is worked on both right and wrong side rows. The instructions for the edging are provided charted and written out.
Patterning in the edging of the shawl is on both RS and WS rows. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp, k2tog and yo. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Size S (L): Wingspan of 145 (185) cm (57 (73) inches) and a depth of 70 (86) cm (27 ½ (34) inches), measured after blocking.
- Gauge of approx. 13 sts / 24 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, measured after blocking. Gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF of the Pink Monarda pattern has 4 pages in the English version and 5 pages in the Dutch version (letter size)
- Nurturing Fibres Supertwist Sock (100% merino wool; 320 m (350 yds) / 100 g) in the following colors and amounts: MC: 170 (320) m (186 (350) yds) / 53 (100) g in Humbug, CC: 235 (306) m (257 (336) yds) / 73 (96) g in Odette.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles
- Yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers to indicate the center stitch
- Stitch markers to use in between lace repeats (optional)