Stormy Seas is a half circle shawl, featuring Sea Foam lace. It shows off variegated and self striping yarns with long to medium lengths of color wonderfully. Combined with the all-over garter stitch, it gives an airy, textured, reversible fabric. While my version is in a hand spun yarn, it can, of course, also be knit with a commercial yarn. Make the shawl as small or large as you like, just knit until your yarn runs out!
The instructions for the lace are, of course, both charted and fully written out.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
This pattern features the Sea Foam stitch, which requires multiple yarn overs, that are dropped on the following row. This takes some getting used to, but is quite easy to execute. Stitches used include knit, kfb, k2tog tbl, yo and multiple yo’s. This pattern is suitable for the beginning to intermediate lace knitter
- The Sea Foam lace pattern is both charted and written out
- One size (wingspan of 148 cm (58 inches) measured from tip to tip)– easily adjustable
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- 420 – 630 m (460 – 690 yds) of fingering or sport weight yarn. The sample shawl features a hand spun yarn.
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 100 cm (40 inches) circular needles were used for the sample shawl. Use needles appropriate for the yarn chosen.
- Yarn needle.
- 32 stitch markers (optional)