The Stormy Seas shawl is a half circle design, knit solely in garter stitch. It features the Sea Foam lace pattern. This pattern shows off wonderfully variegated and self striping yarns with long to medium lengths of color. Sea Foam lace uses multiple yarn overs which are dropped on the following row. This, combined with the all-over garter stitch, gives an airy,textured, reversible fabric.
While the sample of the Stormy Seas shawl was knit in a handspun yarn, it can of course also be knit with a commercial yarn. For a similar result, use fingering or sport weight yarn. It can be made as small or large as you like, just knit until your yarn runs out.
Create your own Ebook! Purchase any 4 patterns and receive a 5th one for free. No code necessary, just put 5 patterns in your cart and the price of the lowest priced pattern will be automatically deducted from the total.
This pattern features the Sea Foam stitch, which requires multiple yarn overs, dropped on the following row. This takes some getting used to, but is quite easy to execute. This pattern is suitable for the novice to intermediate lace knitter.
- The Sea Foam lace pattern is both charted and written out
- One size (wingspan of 148 cm (58 inch) measured from tip to tip)– easily adjustable
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- 420 – 630 m (460 – 690 yds) of fingering or sport weight yarn
- A size 4.5 mm (US #7), 80 cm (32 inch) circular needle
- Yarn needle
- 32 stitch markers