Zeezicht: a semi-circle Pi shawl, filled with sea and beach lace patterns. Inspired by the colors in the lovely Eternity Ranch sock yarn used, this design is truly eye-catching. This design will also make solid colored yarns shine!
The Zeezicht shawl is worked from the top-down and is started with a garter stitch tab. The lace is patterned on the right side only. The instructions are both charted and written out.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
This half-circle shawl is knit from the top down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, m1, skp, k2tog, as well as a double decrease. This pattern is therefor suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Size and finished measurements
One size (easily adjusted): span width of 146 cm (57 ½ inches) and a depth of 54 cm (21 ¼ inches), measured after blocking.
- Gauge is not critical in this design. In the sample shawl: 22 sts / 25 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over Sand Dune Lace, knitted on smaller needles and measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 4 pages in the English version and 5 in the Dutch version (letter size).
- 100 g / 405 m (443 yds) Merino/Nylon Sock by Eternity Ranch Yarns [75% Merino wool, 25% nylon] in “Sea Side”. Substitute any fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles.
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles (for bind-off only).
- Yarn needle
- stitch markers (optional)