Sweet as Pi is a sweet little baby cardigan for that special little baby in your life. Worked back and forth from the top down in one piece, with i-cord neck and hem finishing and either a cute tie or loop and button closure. As a finishing touch, an applique of either the Pi symbol, a rabbit or a sheep is applied with duplicate stitching. If desired, the picture could also be made using intarsia instead.
Pay what you want: (minimum €7.10)
This pattern includes 4 baby and toddler sizes: Newborn (3 – 6 months, 12 – 18 months, 24 months). Written with 2.5 – 5 cm (1-2 inches) of positive ease.
This pattern is suitable for the beginning knitter, who is ready to learn new finishing techniques. Techniques used consist of provisional cast on, i-cord bind off, regular i-cord and duplicate stitching. For duplicate stitching, a photo tutorial is included. Stitches used: K, P, Kfb, slipped stitches.
- No sewing
- Gauge: 20 stitches and 26 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 6 pages (A4 size)
- Yarn in DK in the following quantities:
Main color: 150 (220, 290, 360) m (164 (241, 317, 394) yds)
Contrast color: 65 (70, 80, 95) m (71 (77, 87, 104) yds)
- Needles in sizes US 4 – 3.5 mm and US 6 – 4.0 mm
- Yarn needle for duplicate stitching
- Waste yarn for provisional CO and to hold sleeve stitches
- 6 stitch markers
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) button (optional)