Reminiscent of the soft colors of sea glass on a sunny beach, the Zeeglas Cowl warms the neck and shoulders as a soft cloud. The simple to work lace pattern is provided both charted and written out.
The various colors from the Adele’s Mohair Brushed Self Stripe Yarn used in the sample gives this design added visual interest. When substituting yarns, choose either a sport weight brushed mohair type yarn or lace weight kid-silk type yarn held double for a similar result. This design is very well suited for stash busting odds and ends of mohair type yarn.
Create your own Ebook! Purchase any 4 patterns and receive a 5th one for free. No code necessary, just put 5 patterns in your cart and the price of the lowest priced pattern will be automatically deducted from the total.
This cowl is knit in the round. Stitches used include knit, purl, sl1, k2tog, psso and yo. The pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
S (L), shown in the larger size. Finished dimensions: 37 cm (14 ½ inch) wide x 55 (110) cm (21 ½ (43) inch) circumference, measured after blocking.
- Written for a gauge of approx. 13.3 sts / 17.7 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern, measured after blocking. Gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
- 112 (223) m (122 (244) yds) / 28 (55) g Adele’s Mohair Brushed Self Stripe Yarn [78% mohair, 13% wool, 9% nylon; 203 m (222 yds) / 50 g ball]. Substitute any sport weight brushed mohair type yarn, or lace weight kid-silk type yarn held double for a similar result.
- In the sample a 5 mm (US #8) 60 cm (16″) circular needle was used. Use needles appropriate for the yarn chosen.
- Yarn needle
- 1 “end-of-round” stitch marker
- 8 (17) regular stitch markers (optional)