Arugula is a shawl in 2 sizes, designed to use the lovely rustic tweedy yarn pictured in the sample. In this design, it is paired with a flouncy ribbed ruffle in a contrasting solid color. A relatively mindless knitting project that gives a wonderful end result.
This shawl is knitted from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck edge with a garter tab. The instructions for the body of the shawl are provided charted and written out. The ruffled edging is written only.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
This shawl is started with a garter stitch tab. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo and m1bl. This pattern is suitable for the beginning knitter to intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Size S (L) finished dimensions: Wingspan of 146 (200) cm (57 ½ (78 ¾) inches) and a depth of 68 (90) cm (26 ¾ (35 ½) inches), measured after blocking. The shawl shown is in size L.
- Arugula is written for a gauge of approx. 12.7 sts / 26 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern, measured after blocking. Gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: Debbie Bliss Fine Donagal (95% wool, 5% cashmere goat; 379 m (415 yds) / 100 g) in the following colors and amounts:
MC: 201 (379) m (220 (415 yds) / 55 (100) g in 54012 blackberry
CC: 285 (379) m (312 (415) yds) / 75 (100) g in 54018 lilac
Substitute any tweed fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles
- Size 5 mm (US 8) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles (optional, for BO only).
- Yarn needle
- 4 stitch markers to indicate the center and edge stitches