Like the Fuyu persimmon fruit this shawl is named after, it’s fruity and succulent and suitable for a wide range of occasions. In this shawl, a delightful garter stitch based lace body is paired with a striped garter stitch border. The design is very flexible, therefore I’ve included modification ideas in the pattern.
This shawl is knit from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck edge with a garter tab. The instructions for the body patterning are both charted and written out.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.95)
This pattern is therefor suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: Span width of 186 cm (73 ¼ inches) measured along the upper edge, and a depth of 89 cm (35 inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of this shawl by using lighter or heavier yarn and/or working fewer (or more) repeats of the various sections of the shawl. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Gauge: Approx. 15.4 sts / 24.5 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern, measured after blocking. Gauge is not critical in this design, but should give you a fabric that you like with the yarn used.
- Pattern languages included: English.
- Digital PDF has 5 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: Cascade Yarns ® Cascade 220® Fingering (100% wool; 250 m (273 yds) / 50 g) in the following colors and quantities (substitute a 2-ply wool (light) fingering to sport weight yarn in solid or tonal colorways for a similar result):
- C1: 250 m (273 yds) / 50 g) in 2414 Ginger
- C2: 250 m (273 yds) / 50 g) in 8686 Brown
- C3: 250 m (273 yds) / 50 g) in 9566 Olive Oil
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles, choose needles appropriate for the yarn chosen.
- 4 stitch markers to indicate the center stitch and the edge stitches
- Stitch markers to indicate the repeats of the patterning (optional)
- Yarn needle