Honey & Stripes is a simple yet stylish triangular shawl knit sideways on the bias. The combination of striped garter stitch, easy to memorize garter stitch lace, and slip stitch patterning makes it a perfect choice for those colors of fingering weight yarn that combine so well. With its generous size, Honey & Stripes is perfect to wear as an elegant scarf.
The pattern contains fully written out instructions as well as charts for the lace and slip stitch sections.
Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog and kfb. This pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner or intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
One size (easily adjustable): Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: 181.5 cm (71 ½ inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 59 cm (23 ¼ inches), measured after blocking.
- Gauge: Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl measured after blocking: 15 sts / 24 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over garter stitch stripes.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: Lang Yarns Magic Tweed Superwash (62% virgin wool, 18% nylon, 10% viscose and 10% acrylic; 200 m (219 yds) / 50 g) in the following amounts and colors:
C1: 200 m (219 yds) / 50 g in 4082 Gold.
C2: 200 m (219 yds) / 50 g in 4091 Petrol.
C3: 200 m (219 yds) / 50 g in 4083 Copper.
Substitute any tweedy fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles
- Yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers