Keten is a simple stole, featuring mosaic slip stitch patterning. The combination with garter stitch makes it a perfect choice for both mindless relaxing and somewhat more challenging knitting. Don’t let the color work frighten you though; if you can knit stripes, you can do this! Keten is available in 2 sizes: a scarf and a wrap; pictured is the largest size.
The pattern contains fully written out instructions as well as charts for slip stitch sections.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
This pattern features mosaic slip stitch patterning. Stitches used include knit, and slipping stitches. This pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner or intermediate knitter.
Sizes and measurements
Size S (L): 37.5 (51) cm (14 ¾ (20) inches) wide and 172.5 cm (77 inches) long, measured after blocking.
The size of this stole can easily be changed by casting on a different number of stitches and by adjusting the number of repeats worked in the various sections. This will, of course, impact the amount of yarn needed.
- Worked flat
- Written for a gauge of 18 sts / 18 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over garter stitch, measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
Fleece Artist BFL Sport (100% Bluefaced Leicester wool; 330 m (361 yds) / 125 g) in the following amounts and colors:
- C1: 152 (322) m (166 (352) yds) / 58 (122) g in Coral.
- C2: 127 (269) m (139 (294) yds) / 48 (102) g in Granite.
Substitute any wool sport weight yarn in colors with sufficient contrast for a similar result. Please note that this yarn grew upon washing and blocking the finished item. Substituting a different yarn may result in a smaller sized scarf or stole.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles – for garter stitch sections.
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles (or larger as needed) – for mosaic sections, to minimize “pulling in”.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers to separate repeats of the mosaic patterning (optional)