The IJskristal Slouchy Hat is a shapely tam which combines a simple and elegant lace repeat pattern with a wonderful amount of slouch.
Worked in the round from the bottom up, this pattern is available in two sizes. With both written and charted directions for the lace, this hat knits up like a dream. Pair it with the IJskristal Convertible Cowl/Scarf for a lovely coordinating set.
The IJskristal Slouchy Hat is worked in the round starting at the rolled edge brim. Stitches used include knit, skp, k2tog, yo, M1 and the centered double decrease sl2-k1-p2sso. The pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
To fit size: 51-53.5 (56-58.5) cm, 20-21 (22-23) inches.
Finished size at brim: 45 (49.5) cm, 17.75 (19.5) inches.
Length from brim to crown: 27.5 cm, 11 inches.
- Written for gauge of approx. 24 sts / 29 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- 50 (60) g / 160 (192) m (175 (210) yards of DK weight alpaca yarn.
- Needles in your preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round in the following sizes (or to match gauge): Size 3 mm (US #2 ½) and size 3.5 mm (US #4)
- Yarn needle
- 17 (19) stitch markers
- 1 differently colored end-of-round stitch marker