Morello Cerise is a triangle shawl, knit sideways. This design features lace patterning in the tradition of the Shetland Isles. The triangle edging is worked at the same time as the body of the shawlette. Worked at a loose gauge, Morello Cerise is a lovely and airy layering piece.
The pattern contains both fully written out as well as charted instructions for the lace.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.95)
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: Span width of 158 cm (62 ¼ inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 76 cm (30 inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of the shawl by using heavier yarn and/or working less (or more) repeats of the edging. This will of course change the amount of yarn needed.
- Gauge: Approx. 17 sts / 26 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over garter stitch, after blocking. Gauge is, however, not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 750 m (820 yds) / 150 g Ístex Einband (100% wool; 250 m (273 yds) / 50 g). Substitute any heavy lace weight or (light) fingering weight wool yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles were used in the sample shawl.
- Yarn needle.
- 1 stitch marker to differentiate the body from the edging of the shawl.