Snuggle up in cozy woolens when it’s cold! This super bulky weight shawl makes you feel like you’re enveloped in a nice warm big hug. It knits up quickly, with its stockinette edge sections and lace section in the center. What’s not to like?! Not a fan of super bulky? Make Olijf in lighter weight yarns, instructions included!
Written and charted instructions for the lace are included. Directions for the central lace section and plain stockinette / increase section are written separately and must be read together to work each row.
Create your own Ebook! Purchase any 4 patterns and receive the 5th one for free. No code necessary, just put 5 patterns in your cart and the price of the lowest priced pattern will be automatically deducted from the total.
The Olijf shawl starts with a garter stitch tab. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog, skp, make 1 with a backward loop as well as knitting tbl. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
One size: Wingspan of 187 cm (73 ½ inches) and a depth of 80 cm (31 ½ inches), measured after blocking. Adjust the sizing by using a different weight yarn and/or working a different number of repeats of the body pattern or the border. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Gauge: Approx. 6 sts / 10 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 6 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 400 m (437 yds) Debbie Bliss Roma (70% Merino, 30% Alpaca; 80 m (87 yds) / 100 g). Get this yarn on LoveKnitting (affiliate link). Substitute any super bulky weight wool yarn for a similar result. Can’t find super bulky weight yarn? Try triple stranding DK or worsted weight wool yarn.
- Size 10 mm (US 15) / 100 cm (40 inches) circular needles
- Yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers to indicate the center section