This little sachet bag is simple, sweet and very quick to knit. Perfect to keep a piece of soap, lavender or jewelry. This pattern features Snowflake Lace and includes two sizes of sachets. Only a small amount of fingering weight yarn is needed, so it is perfect for stash busting! It also makes a lovely gift.
The sachet is worked in the round from the top down. The bottom is closed using a three-needle bind off. The instructions for the lace are provided both charted and written out.
Pay what you want: (minimum €4.30)
The Snowflake sachet is worked in the round from the top down and closed with a three-needle bind off. Stitches used include knit, skp, k2tog, a centered double decrease and yo.
This pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner or intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Size S (L) finished dimensions: Width of 8.5 (12) cm (3 ¼ (4 ¾) inches) and a height of 12.5 (15) cm (5 (6) inches), measured after blocking. The sachet pictured is in size S.
- The Snowflake sachet pattern is written for a gauge of approx. 25 sts / 33 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, after blocking. Gauge is not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 37 (56) m (40 (61) yds) / 10 (15) g ONION knit Nettle Sock (70% wool, 30% cellulose; 185 m (202 yds) / 50 g) in Gray. Substitute any solid or tonal colored fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 3 mm (US 2 ½) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles were used to work the sample sachet with the magic loop technique.
- Yarn needle
- 1 stitch marker
- 1 differently colored end-of-round stitch marker
- 1 extra knitting needle size 3 mm (US 2 ½) for three-needle bind off
- Ribbon to close the sachet (optional)
Do you prefer working in the round from the bottom up? Take a look at the Pine Cone sachet!