Toscane: a lovely chunky lace shawl, named after that gorgeous burned orange color so often found in the hills of Tuscany. This particular color was achieved by dyeing the Ístex Léttlopi yarn with madder. Dye your own with the tutorial or choose one of the many available colors. Toscane is a fast, top-down knit and bound to become a favorite!
Written and charted instructions are included for the lace body of the shawl.
Create your own Ebook! Purchase any 4 patterns and receive the 5th one for free. No code necessary, just put 5 patterns in your cart and the price of the lowest priced pattern will be automatically deducted from the total.
Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog, skp, double decreases, make 1 with a backward loop as well as knitting through the back loop. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Size and finished measurements
One size: Wingspan of 177 cm (69 ½ inch) and a depth of 75 cm (29 ½ inch), measured after blocking. This shawl can however easily be adjusted in size.
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl measured after blocking: 9.2 sts / 18.8 rows = 10 cm (4 inch) over lace pattern.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 4 pages in the English version and 5 in the Dutch version (letter size).
- 400 m (437 yds) Ístex Léttlopi (100% wool; 100 m (109 yds) / 50 g). Substitute any aran weight wool yarn for a similar result.
- 5 mm (US #8 / 80 cm (32 inch) circular needles.
- Yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers to indicate the center stitch
- 22 stitch markers (optional)