Aurora Blue captures all the gorgeous variations of vibrant blue found in the semi-double flowers of this type of delphinium. This design is knit sideways on the bias, making a shallow and asymmetrical triangle, perfect for wearing as an elegant scarf. The combination of garter stitch in a variegated hand-dyed yarn and simple lace makes it a perfect choice to get the best of both worlds.
The pattern contains both fully written out as well as charted instructions for the lace section.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.95)
Sizes and finished measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: 174 cm (68 ½ inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 70 cm (27 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
Make the Aurora Blue shawl larger by adding more repeats of the garter stitch and/or by working more repeats in the lace section. As a result, this will, of course, increase the amount of yarn needed.
- Gauge: Approx. 17 sts / 24 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over garter stitch, measured after blocking. Gauge is, however, not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English.
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 1 skein of Pure 100% Merino Superwash by Rohrspatz & Wollmeise (100% Merino; 525 m (575 yds) / 150 g) in “Blue Bell”. Substitute any variegated fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles were used in the sample shawl.
- Removable stitch marker to denote the RS of the shawl (optional)
- Stitch markers to indicate repeats of the lace patterning (optional)
- Yarn needle