Zomerzon is a semi-circle Pi shawl, worked in a luxury merino lace weight singles yarn. Truly a ray of sunshine when it’s rainy and gray outside! This design can, of course, also be made in a (light) fingering weight yarn.
Zomerzon is worked from the top-down and is started with a garter stitch tab. The lace is patterned on both right and wrong side rows. The instructions for all patterning are, of course, both charted and fully written out.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
Knit this half-circle shawl from the top down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. Lace patterning is worked on both RS and WS rows. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, m1, skp, p2tog, k2tog, k3tog, and the 3-into-3 Estonian star stitch.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: Span width of 186 cm (73 ¼ inches) and a depth of 67 cm (26 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of this shawl by using lighter or heavier yarn and/or working fewer (or more) repeats of the lace border. This will of course change the amount of yarn needed.
- Written for a gauge of 18 sts / 28 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 800 m (875 yds)/ 100 g The Coloured Cat Abyssinian Lace (100% Merino; 800 m (875 yds)/ 100 g) in “Setting Sun”. Substitute a tonal lace weight singles yarn for a similar result, or a (light) fingering weight yarn for a slightly larger shawl.
- Size 3.5 mm (US 4) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers (optional, for use between repeats of the lace border).