The Zoel Hat is a very soft and delicate hat knit using lace weight mohair yarn. It is a great pattern to get familiar with using this type of yarn. Because of the simple two-row lace, this pattern not only lets the yarn shine, but also makes for a wonderful portable project.
Pair it with the Zoel Scarf to warm up a cold day in autumn or winter.
Create your own Ebook! Purchase any 4 patterns and receive a 5th one for free. No code necessary, just put 5 patterns in your cart and the price of the lowest priced pattern will be automatically deducted from the total.
This hat is knit in the round. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog and the double decrease sl1, k2tog, psso. The pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
This hat is available in 3 sizes: S (M, L). In the pictures the M sized hat is worn with 7.5 cm (3 inches) of positive ease.
Finished size at brim: 55 (60, 65) cm, 21 1⁄2 (23 1⁄2, 25 1⁄2) inches.
Length from brim to crown: 20 cm, 7 3⁄4 inches.
- Written for gauge of approx. 14 sts / 24 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
- 15 (16,17) g / 83 (89, 95) m (91 (98, 105) yards) of Lana Grossa Lace Pearls [40% wool, 26% polyamide, 18% alpaca, 18% mohair, 8% glass; 137 m (149 yds) per 25 g skein].
Substitute any laceweight kid mohair/silk type yarn for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round in the following sizes (or to match gauge): Size 4 mm (US #6) and size 4.5 mm (US #7)
- Yarn needle
- 12 (13, 14) plain stitch markers
- 1 differently colored end-of-round stitch marker