The Zoel Hat is a very soft and delicate hat knit using lace weight mohair yarn. It is a great pattern to get familiar with using this type of yarn. Because of the simple two-row lace, this pattern not only lets the yarn shine but also makes for a wonderful portable project.
Pair it with the Zoel Scarf to warm up a cold day in autumn or winter.
This hat is knit in the round. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog and the double decrease sl1-k2tog-psso. The pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
This hat is available in 3 sizes: S (M, L). In the pictures, the M sized hat is worn with 7.5 cm (3 inches) of positive ease.
Finished size at brim: 55 (60, 65) cm, 21 1⁄2 (23 1⁄2, 25 1⁄2) inches.
Length from brim to crown: 20 cm, 7 3⁄4 inches.
- Written for gauge of approx. 14 sts / 24 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
- 15 (16,17) g / 83 (89, 95) m (91 (98, 105) yards) of Lana Grossa Lace Pearls [40% wool, 26% polyamide, 18% alpaca, 18% mohair, 8% glass; 137 m (149 yds) per 25 g skein].
Substitute any laceweight kid mohair/silk type yarn for a similar result.
- Needles in your preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round in the following sizes (or to match gauge): Size 4 mm (US #6) and size 4.5 mm (US #7)
- Yarn needle
- 12 (13, 14) plain stitch markers
- 1 differently colored end-of-round stitch marker