This lacy wrap is designed to give an extra bit of glamour to your outfit on that special night out. Robijn can be made as a scarf or stole, the width and length are easily adjusted for further customization This design is suitable for any drapey lace-weight or fingering-weight yarn. Robijn has also been published in issue 198 of the Dutch magazine Handwerken Zonder Grenzen! You can order this issue in Dutch here.
The body of this shawl has an easy-to-remember two-row repeat which makes it a great traveling project. The instructions are both fully charted and written out.
This pattern uses standard American English crochet terminology.
Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
Stitches used within this pattern are of sc, dc, slst and ch st.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate crocheter.
Size and finished measurements
Size S (L) – measurements after blocking: 26 (52) cm [10 ¼ (20 ½) inches] wide and 153 cm (60 ¼ inches) long.
- Gauge is not critical with this design, for the sample stole: 18.5 sts and 7.5 rows = 10 cm / 4 inches over lace pattern after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size).
- 250 (505) m or 275 (552) yds lace-weight yarn. The sample is in Diversan Tencel [100% Tencel; 777 m (850 yds) / 100 g] in Rio Red. Substitute a smooth silk, cotton or viscose for a similar result.
- For the sample Robijn Stole a 5 mm (US size G/8) hook was used.
- Yarn needle.