Inspired by the lovely texture and color of almost-ripe moerbei or mulberry fruit, the Moerbei shawl is juicy and sweet and exactly what you need.
Knitted sideways from tip to tip with only 100 g or 420 m (460 yds) of fingering weight yarn, it’s the perfect project for that special skein of yarn. This shawl features both an appealing textured body achieved by working bobbles, as well as a delicate looking and easy to work border. Once the body of the shawl is complete, stitches are picked up for the border and dropped to create the ruffle effect.
This pattern features bobbles, a slipped stitch edge, as well as picking up and knitting stitches for the drop-stitch border. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, kfb, M1 and yo. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
- One size – easily adjustable
- Written for gauge of approx. 17 sts / 25 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- 420 m (460 yds) / 100 g fingering weight yarn
- A circular needle size 4 mm (US #6), 80 cm (32 inches) long.
- Yarn needle
- 1 stitch marker